PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
1. Vilandra Corporate Housing (“us” and its derivatives) is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your (“you” and its derivatives; and also the “user” and its derivatives) personal and private information submitted to us via this website.
2. The choice to provide us with your information via our website is always yours. You should however be aware that withholding information may limit the products and/or services that we are able to provide you with.
3. Information that is of a personal and private nature and which identifies you or relates to you as a customer falls within the category of “personal and private information”. This information may include details of your name, age, identity number, home address and work address and other contact details. It further encompasses details relating to property, liabilities and other financial information.
4. To enable us to service your requirements and allow you to use our products and/or services, we may need to collect personal and other information that you have submitted via our website. We do not and will not sell or provide your personal information to third parties for independent use, unless specifically consented to by you and as otherwise expressly contemplated on our website.
5. We gather and analyse information of a visitor to our website. We then use this information to monitor which areas of the website are most frequently visited, which assists us in continuing to develop a value-added service. This information is pooled so that any individual’s personal information, behaviour or patterns cannot be identified.
6. We use so-called “cookie” technology on certain parts of our website. Cookie technology comprises of small bits of data or small text files, which are given to your browser by our web-server when visiting our website. Cookies are not computer programs and do not run on a computer like programs do. As such, Cookies are unable to gather information (about you or your computer) or function on their own. Cookies simply enable us to provide you with a more valuable online experience.
7. When marketing our products and services your consent to collect or use information will be obtained from you. This consent can be expressed (for example by agreement) or implied (for example where you have been given an opportunity to opt out of a specific form of information sharing, but have chosen not to do so). We or our network of real estate service providers or other third party suppliers may WhatsApp, email or SMS information to you or contact you telephonically about our products and/or services.
8. You are advised that regular, non-encrypted email is not secure.
9. Whenever we commission other parties to provide services to us or to you, we will bind them to our privacy policies in so far as they may be required to have access to your personal information in order to perform such services. Our website may contain links to or from other websites. While we try to link only with websites that share our standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the security or privacy practices employed by these other websites.
10. We will not disclose personal information to anyone outside our company without your permission, unless (i) we are compelled to do so by law or in terms of a court order; (ii) it is in the public interest to do so (we may sometimes be asked to disclose customer information for matters of public interest, e.g. to assist in the prevention of crimes); (iii) it is necessary to protect our rights; and (iv) we use credit reference agencies (information about a customer’s personal debt owed to us may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, in situations where the customer has fallen behind with payments and has not made proposals satisfactory to us for repayment of such debt, following formal demand, or where the customer has given us his written consent).
11. Personal information that is collected via our website is stored in a secure environment and is not available to any person outside the company.
12. We are committed to providing secure online services. Our internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Access to information on these servers is restricted to authorized personnel only.
13. We reserve the right to amend this privacy and security statement at any time. All amendments to this privacy and security statement will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version of the privacy and security statement as viewed on the website, shall govern our respective rights and obligations.